TED talks* seek to inspire, challenge those who listen. As designers, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut and to feel at a loss for inspiration. Turn to these short recorded ted talks on design (all under 18 minutes each), to gain new perspectives and to easily dialogue with the ever changing design community. Here are ten of our favorite design related TED talks.
*TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design. Their tagline is, "New Ideas Everyday." These talks are given in regional conferences across the world. Afterwards, the recorded videos are curated by a national TED body which uploads the best of TED onto ted.com.
1. How Giant Websites Design For You (and a million others, too) by Margaret Gould Stewart
2. Happy Maps by Daniele Quercia
3. My Life in Typefaces by Matthew Carter
4. The Three Ways that Good Design Makes You Happy by Don Norman
5. 3 Ways to Usefully Lose Control of Your Brand by Tim Leberecht
6. Design for All 5 Senses by Jinsop Lee
7. We Are All Designers by John Hockenberry
8. Design + Discovery by David Carson
9. Designing for Simplicity John Maeda
10. How to Build Your Creative Confidence by David Kelley
If you couldn't get enough of this, here's 22 more TED talks to inspire. Did your favorite TED talk make the list? If not, share them in the comments below or feel free to tweet your favorite TED talk to me @christiemwang.