"Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It's about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers." - Robin Sharma (@RobinSharma)
In the design world, we seek out the leaders in our industry for inspiration, tips and more. Often, we find inspiration in their current projects or in their musing about their design process. Fortunately, due to the popularzation of the blog, their advice is completely free.
These thought leader's expert opinons are only a click away. Find a curation of the some of the best UX blogs the Internet has to offer.
General UX Design Principles
1. A List Apart explores web design and development - with a focus on web design standards and best practices. A List Apart has since expanded to write about more topics that are accesible for the designer at any level in his/her career.
2. Boxes and Arrows features peer-written articles regarding Design Principles, Research and Testing, Proccesses, and Interfaces. They seek to update their content every other week. If you're in the industry, this blog has opportunities to guest blog.
3. Digital Telepathy is a design-centric blog. Their mission is to "educate and inspire others to positively impact the world with design." You'll find a ton of useful inspiration and even some information about user experience and usability.
5. Usability Geek is relatively comprehensive. This blog gives practical advice on everything from UX to usability to business to conversion rates. If you're in the industry, this blog has opportunities to guest blog.
6. UX Magazine is a well regarded online UX magazine that publishes a wide variety of UX related content. They are very current so, they'll post about the latest and greatest UX trends and mishaps in the industry.
7. UX Booth is very highly regarded in the UX community. There's a new post every week. This publication is appropriate for beginner and intermediate UX professionals. UX Booth covers everything from data analytics to visual design.
8. Smashing Mag is a leader in the industry. Smashing Mag creates in-depth and thorough content for the expert or beginner UX designer.
9. Invision Blog is a great blog run by the company, Invision. It's a great approachable place to start to undersatnd the world of UX and web usability.
11. UX Pin Blog contains a ton of great advice on UX but, most notably, a collection of free offers and useful tools. Some examples are cheat sheets, patterns and wireframe guides. Expect ot find more long form advice in eBooks and tutorials.